Forbo Marmoleum Cocoa: Buy it online but beware it can be a tricky fit (but worth it in the end)
by Robert Barney on Oct 13, 2023
Marmoleum is a natural, durable, and sustainable flooring option that is becoming increasingly popular. It is made from linseed oil, natural resins, and ground limestone, and is available in a wide variety of colors and patterns. Marmoleum is known for its long lifespan and low maintenance requirements, making it a great choice for high-traffic areas.
However, marmoleum can be a tricky material to install. It is important to have a skilled and experienced professional install your marmoleum floor to ensure that it is done properly. If marmoleum is not installed correctly, it can crack, buckle, or delaminate.
Here are some of the things that can go wrong when installing Forbo Marmoleum Cocoa Salted Caramel 3592:
- Improper preparation of the subfloor: The subfloor must be perfectly level and smooth before marmoleum can be installed. If the subfloor is not properly prepared, the marmoleum can crack or buckle.
- Incorrect use of adhesive: The wrong type of adhesive can cause the marmoleum to delaminate or discolor.
- Failure to seal the seams: The seams between the marmoleum sheets must be properly sealed to prevent moisture from seeping in. If the seams are not sealed, the marmoleum can delaminate or mold can grow.
Despite the potential challenges, marmoleum is a great flooring option that can last for many years with proper installation and care. If you are considering installing marmoleum in your home, be sure to hire a qualified professional.
Why is Marmoleum worth the hassle?
Despite the potential challenges of installation, marmoleum is a great flooring option for a number of reasons. It is:
- Durable: Marmoleum is a very durable flooring material that can withstand heavy traffic. It is also resistant to scratches, dents, and stains.
- Sustainable: Marmoleum is made from natural and renewable resources, and it is recyclable.
- Low-maintenance: Marmoleum is a very low-maintenance flooring material. It can be cleaned simply by sweeping or mopping with a mild detergent.
- Hygienic: Marmoleum is naturally resistant to bacteria and mold, making it a good choice for homes with allergies or asthma.
- Attractive: Marmoleum is available in a wide variety of colors and patterns, so you can find the perfect look for your home.
How to choose the right marmoleum flooring company
When choosing a marmoleum flooring company, it is important to consider the following factors:
- Experience: The company should have experience installing marmoleum flooring.
- Reputation: The company should have a good reputation.
- Guarantee: The company should offer a guarantee on its workmanship.
- Price: The company should offer competitive pricing.
Tips for a successful marmoleum installation
Here are some tips for a successful marmoleum installation:
- Hire a qualified professional: As mentioned above, it is important to hire a qualified professional to install your marmoleum floor.
- Prepare the subfloor properly: The subfloor must be perfectly level and smooth before marmoleum can be installed.
- Use the correct adhesive: Use the type of adhesive recommended by the manufacturer of your marmoleum flooring.
- Seal the seams properly: The seams between the marmoleum sheets must be properly sealed to prevent moisture from seeping in.
Marmoleum is a great flooring option that can last for many years with proper installation and care. If you are considering installing marmoleum in your home, be sure to hire a qualified professional and follow the tips above to ensure a successful installation.